Breaking up IS hard to do. Sometimes, after all the decisions are made, the moves taken care of and the lifestyles adjusted, it’s still hard to let go of focusing on your ‘ex’. Thoughts and feelings can still dominate you despite your best intentions to move on. So, how to do really get over someone and get on with your life?
The reason why it’s so hard to let go is because your energy is still tied up in the old relationship. We all have energy bodies and when we interact with other people we make connections with their energy bodies. The longer the relationship lasts and the more emotional it is, the stronger those bonds. So, the person can be gone, but the bonds are still there. And, since energy follows thought, as long as you keep thinking of the other person, the longer the bonds have a hold on you.
One of the most beautiful things about Huna, is ho’oponopono, which means ‘making things right’. Huna is a very ancient psycho-spiritual system whose core is harmony and love with yourself and the world. Try this Huna exercise to free you and help you move on.
1. Picture a stage below you. On that stage, picture the person you want to get over.
2. Now picture pure, loving Light coming in through the top of your head and moving through your heart, streaming down to the heart of the person on the stage.
3. Say to the person on the stage, “We have had our time together and it’s now time to move on. I forgive you for all hurts and set you free. Do you forgive me?” Now, realize that all of this is going on energetically within you. In order to move on, forgiveness is freedom. If you hold on to hurts and injuries, you are only continuing to hurt yourself more. It’s affecting you, not the other person. So, by forgiving, you’re not freeing the other person as much as you’re freeing yourself. If you have trouble with this, ask your Spiritual Self for help with forgiving and move on to the next step, then go over the whole process again another time until it all feels good.
4. Picture all the energetic cords running from you to this other person and from the other person to you. All the cords created over the time of the relationship. Take an imaginary knife, or violet fire sword, and swing it through all the cords. Imagine the sound it makes as you cut the cords…ffffft…ffffft! Just imagine severing all of them, sealing the ends and having all that energy return to you. That is exactly what it happening. All that energy IS returning to you. Claim it. Own it. It’s yours.
5. Have the stage and person dissolve into the Light and feel all that new energy within you. Energy from the cut cords flooding into you, the Light from above filling you with Love.
6. Now, open your eyes and take a deep breath and feel your gratitude for the shift that just took place.
7. You can repeat this process as often as you like until you feel really, really good about your new freedom.
8. Every time you find yourself starting to think of the other person, say, “Thank you, God (or Goddess, Spirit, Universe – whatever you want to call It), that I don’t have to think of that anymore.” This is very powerful as it keeps you from re-establishing and feeding new energy bonds, and, as you say thank you, you are acknowledging that it is done.
9. Now, stop looking back in time and turn around, look off into the future at all the amazing possibilities that lie before you. Life is good. Choose well